Saturday, March 6, 2010

Puppy Chow



Puppy chow was a staple at my house growing up and now it is a staple snack at our house now!  This snack never lasts long at any gathering!


Puppy Chow
From: My  Mom

Ingredients:
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter
6 cups Crispix
1 cup powdered sugar

Directions:
1.In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate, stirring occasionally.

2. Stir in peanut butter.  Add crispix and gently stir until all crispix are covered with the chocolate peanut butter mixture.

3. Place powdered sugar in a storage bag at least 1 gallon or larger sized.  Add coated cereal.

4.  Close and toss bag until cereal is thoroughly coated with sugar.  Serve (store in airtight container).

3 comments:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

This is a family favorite of mine too. Looks soooo good!!!

Andy Gammons said...

I love the idea of doing this all in the microwave. But does that make it too easy? I can feel myself getting fatter already.

Elizabeth said...

I've actually only ever done it in the microwave. It is too easy, especially when one 12oz. box of crispix makes 2 batches. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails