this recipe and thought "if this recipe can't do it for me, then I might just have to give up on Brussels sprouts." Fortunately, I really liked the glaze. I also really liked the carrots in the mix. You can see from the picture that my Brussels sprouts and potatoes were a little large. It think next time I would use smaller of both so I can get a better glaze to veggie ratio in each bite! :) It went great with some baked salmon and fresh made bread!
Brussels Sprouts with Sweet and Spicy Maple Glaze
From: Low... and behold!
1 cup brussels sprouts
1 cup baby golden dutch potatoes
1/2 cup carrots - sliced
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp (or more) Red Pepper Flakes
1. Wash veggies, trim ends from brussels sprouts and remove outer leaves. Slice potatoes in half and place in salted boiling water. Boil for 8-10 minutes, until fork tender.
2. Meanwhile - Combine ingredients for glaze in a small bowl and whisk to combine
3. Strain brussels sprouts and place in a bowl of ice-water.
4. In a saute pan, heat oil over medium heat and add brussels sprouts, potatoes, and carrots. Pour in glaze and bring to a slow boil.
5. Reduce to medium-high heat and cook until glaze begins to reduce - about 15 minutes. Serve.