Sunday, September 12, 2010

Killer Marinated Tomatoes


 My mother-in-law has a bunch of tomato plants in her yard and while she was gone for 2 weeks I ended ended up with a lot of tomatoes.  I saw this a for Killer Marinated Tomatoes on Tasty Kitchen.  I'm not a huge fan of bread, but when Ashley posted that she served it over couscous, I knew I needed to give it a try.  I really liked it and ended up making it twice in the last 2 weeks.  Definitely try it this tomato season!


Killer Marinated Tomatoes
From: ButterYum via Tasty Kitchen

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped
3 Tbsp Fresh Basil, Chopped
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 1/2 tsp Season Salt
3/4 tsp Dried Thyme
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
3/4 cups Oil
1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
3 Whole Scallions, Sliced
6 whole Tomatoes, cut into wedges

Directions
1. Wisk together all the ingredients except the tomato wedges.

2. Add the tomatoes and toss to coat.  Allow to marinate at room temperature for a couple hours, stirring occasionally.

3. Serve over bread or couscous.

3 comments:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

Yours look so beautiful and yummy, makes me want them again!!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

this recipe really jazzes up blah out-of-season tomatoes too. I'm so glad you liked it. thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Patricia @ ButterYum
www.butteryum.org

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

http://www.butteryum.org/.../killer-marinated-tomatoes.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails