Thursday, May 23, 2013

Easy S'Mores Dip




In the summer, I love a campfire.  Even more so, I love campfire treats like s'mores!  Since we don't have a firepit in our back yard I don't get them very often so I'm always interested in s'more type desserts.  This one appealed to me because of how simple it seemed.  And it was simple but more importantly, it was delicious.  Definitely more fattening since I inhaled about 1/2 the bowl immediately, but totally tasty!

I realized as I was making this that it reminded me of my grandma Mimi.  If I was at Mim's house and she didn't have any candy (she usually always had candy for us grand kids) then I would take some chocolate chips and marshmallows and heat it up in the microwave until they were melted and then mix them together and eat it with a spoon. I only ever did this at her house.  Probably because she was the only person who wouldn't scold me for eating marshmallow-chocolate goop with a spoon.  She always just thought it was a weird funny snack.  Since what I used to make is essentially what this dip is, I cant believe I never thought of this before!  This dip is a little more socially acceptable than just scarfing down melted marshmallow-chocolate goop with a spoon, so it is a keeper!



Easy S'Mores Dip
From: Bakeaholic Mama
Prep/cook time: 10 min

Ingredients:
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
2 Tbsp milk
1 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
Graham crackers for dipping

Directions:
1.  In a medium sauce pan add chocolate chips, milk, and 1 cup of marshmallows.  Mix continuously over medium heat until melted and smooth.  (Meanwhile preheat broiler)

2. Pour/Scrape mixture into a small casserole dish. Top with Remaining marshmallows.

3. Place dish under broiler for approximately 60 seconds or until the top has started to brown.  Serve with graham crackers.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe! i just made this and it is delicious plus it only took me about 3 minutes to make!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails