Monday, February 14, 2011

Red Velvet Cake

Last year I made a Red Velvet Cake for Valentine;s day.  I was going to post it, but to be honest, who wants a red velvet cake recipe the day after Valentine's day? So I was going to post it in time for this Valentine's day, but I realized I don't even remember what recipe I used!  Then I remembered the cake didn't turn out as great as I had hoped.  The cake ended up a little dry, and I added so much red food coloring and it still wasn't a red as I had hoped (although the homemade cream cheese frosting was as good as ever!).  So here is hoping your red velvet cake turns out better than mine! If you have a fool proof recipe for this, please let me know.  Happy Valentines Day!


The Gammons Family said...

Costco has an amazing red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. It's my favorite recipe. :)

Meghan Boss said...

Remind me to tell you sometime about the disastrous time I tried to make a red velvet cake for Steve for Valentine's Day... yours is WONDERFUL compared to mine!!! :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails