Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Better than Crack Brownies


When I saw the recipe for Better than Crack Brownies on Jessica's blog, I knew I wanted to try them.  How could I not with a name like that.  However, I wanted to make them sometime for a group of people because I didn't want to end up eating an entire pan all myself.  I made these last weekend for family and they turned out great! I couldn't tell you if they are better than crack, but they are definitely brownies that are maxed out on chocolate and peanut butter and so rich that you feel like you can't eat more than one, but at the same time you wan to eat the whole pan!

Notes:
- I only did nuts on half of the brownies because my brother doesn't like nuts, and both halves were delicious!
- I also used semisweet chocolate chips instead of milk because that is what I had, plus, I like darker chocolate better anyway.


Better than Crack Brownies

Ingredients:
1 batch brownies (I just used a box mix, but you could make them homemade)
1/2 cup salted peanuts
1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
1 1/2 cup milk (or semisweet) chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal

Directions:
1. Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. 

2. Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.

3. While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. 

4. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.

5. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails