Monday, June 13, 2011

Asparagus Soup

 

I love asparagus in the spring and I like to make this soup at least once during asparagus season.  This time it was a little more thin than normal, but still absolutely delicious.

You may have noticed I haven't been posting as much - although some of you probably don't think I post much anyway or didn't even notice! There are several reasons for this.  One, I'm in between laptops right now. Two, I'm very busy lately (as usually at this time of year), and three I am going to try to spend less time on the computer when I'm not at work.  So I will probably posting less at least for a while.


Asparagus Soup
From: Joan DeWilde
Ingredients
1 1/2 c. chopped leeks (about 3)

2 lbs asparagus - cleaned and cut up, tips separate
3 cans chicken broth
1 c. half & half
2 Tbs butter
Lemon

Directions:
1. Saute leeks in butter until translucent, add asparagus (except tips) and broth.

2. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.  Blanch tips in boiling water for 1 minute and cool, reserving water.

3. Puree simmered ingredients in blender or with electric hand blender.  Add 1 c. half & half and heat.  May add reserved water to blender or after to desired consistency.  Give a good squeeze of lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste.


4. When serving sprinkle reserved tips on top of bowl.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails