Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cellars Market Taco Salad

 

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!!!
In keeping with our Mexican food (we have had Mexican food every night this week but 1), I wanted to make a taco salad.  While I really like this healthy taco salad from Men's health, some times you just want a comfort food taco salad.  There is a place that my colleagues and I go occasionally called Cellars Market at the Chicago Board of Trade.  They have a lot of great salads, but our favorite is their Taco Salad.  It brings me back to the ones my mom used to make growing up.  It was pretty much the only salad I liked for a while.  So this is a combo of my mom's and the one from Cellars market since I didn't have a 'recipe' for either one.  It turned out very tasty, filling, and the best part - EASY.


Cellars Market Taco Salad
From: Combo:Cellars Market, My Mom & Me
Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
Lettuce (washed and chopped)
1 lb ground beef
taco seasoning packet
1-2 tomatoes, chopped
Shredded Cheese
French (or catalina) Dressing
Frito chips
Sour cream
jalapenos (optional)
onion, chopped (optional)
black olives, sliced (optional)
Avocado (optional)

Directions:
1. Brown ground beef.  Drain grease.  Add taco packet and 2/3 cup water. mix and bring to a simmer.

2. While simmering, chop/slice lettuce and toppings and assemble salad.  Add taco meat and top with dressing, frito chips, and dressing.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails