Thursday, December 15, 2011

Breakfast To Go


I usually just bring a hard boiled egg to work for breakfast (yes as my friends pointed out, I'm 'that girl' that brings and egg and stinks up the office), but occasionally I mix it up and make smoothies before work.  Until I get sick of the mess I have to clean up with the smoothies.  And every once in a while I want to branch out from my 2 old standby weekday breakfasts. This one caught my eye a while back on Tasty Kitchen.  I really enjoy the heartiness of these and the mixture of a bunch of different items.  These are a great fall back when I'm in a rut for breakfast ideas!

Breakfast To Go
From: matthewsfam via Tasty Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 cup Fat Free Milk
1 Pinch salt
1/2 cup dry Whole-wheat Couscous
Frozen Mixed Berries
12 oz, weigh vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup granola


Directions:
1. In a small saucepan, bring milk and salt just to boiling  stir in couscous.  Reduce heat and let stand, covered, or 5 minutes.

2. Divide couscous among six plastic cups or to-go containers with lids.  Top each with frozen berries and yogurt.

3. Cover and chill overnight. Top with granola before serving.

2 comments:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

Cous cous with fruit and yogurt? Not so sure about that one...did you taste it?

Elizabeth said...

I've made them several times and really enjoyed them! I was skeptical about the cous cous as well, but since it was made with milk, it tasted a little sweet and good with the yogurt & fruit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails