Thursday, December 1, 2011

Slow Cooker Creamy Tacos

 


I'm a fool for anything Mexican, and slow cooker tacos are right in my wheelhouse. I loved that I could take 5 minutes in the morning, and when I got home I just got out the tortillas and toppings and was ready for dinner.  I had been wanting to try the Philadelphia cooking creme, and was glad to try it out.  The Santa Fe flavor was delish, but I may try using a different kind of tomatoes next time... maybe Rotel?


Slow Cooker Creamy Tacos
From: A Year of Slow Cooking

Ingredients:
2 Lb chicken breast (mine were frozen)
1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
1 (10 oz) container Philadelphia cooking creme - Santa Fe flavor
tortillas and taco fixins
Optional add ins: 1 cup frozen corn, 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)

Directions:
1. Place chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker.  Add the entire can of tomatoes.  Scrape out all the cooking creme and add to slow cooker.

2.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (mine was more like 9-10).  Shred chicken with a fork, stir well and serve in tortillas with toppings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails