Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Easy Chocolate & Salted Caramel Mug Cake



I see a lot of different types of Mug Cakes on Pinterest and this Salted Caramel one caught my eye.  I had all the ingredients in my cupboards except the caramel, but I did have caramel sauce so I tried that.  Note to self: caramel sauce does not work the same in recipes as regular caramel.  The cake turned out great and delicious, just not much of caramel flavor as I was hoping for.  So I just drizzled caramel sauce over the cake and the ice cream I put on it!


Easy Chocolate & Salted Caramel Mug Cake
From: The Family Kitchen
Prep time: 2 min
Cook time: 1 min 30 sec

Ingredients:
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg - beaten
3 Tbsp skim milk
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Salted caramels

Directions:
1. In a small bowl add: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, and vegetable oil. Mix to combine.

2. Pour mixture into a regular sized coffee mug.  Drop caramels into center of mixture one at a time.

3. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.  If needed [if cake is still gooey], microwave on high for up to an additional 30 seconds. Serve with ice cream if desired.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails