Wednesday, February 29, 2012

S'more Cups

 

When I saw these on Pinterest I knew I had to make them with my Homemade Marshmallows. I didn't have a mini muffin tin, so I made them in a regular muffin tin.  They came out just the same, delicious and just bigger. I'm sure the smaller ones would be a little better portion wise, but the larger portion did not deter me from eating several of them before they even cooled.


S'more Cups
From: Texas Cottage
Makes 24 mini cups or 12 regular cups

Ingredients:
7 whole graham crackers
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 Tbsp butter, melted
4 bars Hershey's candy bar, divided
12 Large marshmallows

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a resealable plastic bag, crush graham crackers into fine crumbs. Combine Graham Cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and butter in a small bowl.

2. Place 1 Tbsp of crumb mixture in each cup of a mini-muffin pan.  Press crumbs to form shallow cups.  Bake 4-5 minutes.

3. Remove pan from oven and place one rectangle into each cup. Cut marshmallows in half.  Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup.  Return to oven 1-2 min more or until marshmallows are slightly softened.  Place on cooling rack and cool 15 minutes.  Carefully remove cups from pan.  Cool completely.

4.  Break remaining candy bars and microwave on high 1- 1 1/2 min or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds.  Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate.  If you can manage to wait until the chocolate is set, then wait 40 - 60 minutes... I had to eat a couple of mine right away.

1 comment:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

I need these in my life immediately! Love that you used the Homemade Marshmallows for this recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails