Friday, July 20, 2012

Sunrise Green Smoothie

 

We've been having lots of smoothies lately for breakfast with the warm weather.  I saw this recipe and thought, I wonder what a smoothie with spinach is like.  There seemed to be enough fruit in it to mask the vegetable taste so I thought I would give it a try. Plus I can always use more fruit and veggies in my diet.  In the recipe they use a fancy juicer/smoothie maker, but since I just have a regular blender, I ended up needing a little more milk, and a little less frozen stuff for my blender to be able to do the work.  So below is the amounts I used of everything which I suggest for a regular blender!


Sunrise Green Smoothie
From: Hell if I Gnaw
Prep time: 5 min

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (probably could use regular milk, but the vanilla almond adds a nice sweetness)
1 1/2 - 2 cups spinach
1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
2 Tbsp ground flax seed

Directions:
1. Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.  (if too stiff add more almond milk) Serve!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails