Monday, July 9, 2012

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken Tacos





I love Crock Pot meals, even in the summer. Give me a Mexican/southwest crock pot recipe and you better believe I'm going to try it.  As you can probably see from my picture that I forgot scallions and what you probably can't see is that I didn't have any onion powder (but I think I disguised it well since all my spices are in my tiny bowl). So I used some dried onion instead.  Figured it would be ok, and guess what it was better than ok... it was delicious (I really need to find new words to describe my meals... I use delicious a LOT)!  And best part is that it made so much that we had left overs for lunch for the next couple of days. This is a great one to keep in my back pocket when having guests... easy to make, tastes great, and makes enough for a decent sized group.



Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken Tacos
From: Chef in Training
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time:10 hours on low

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb chicken
1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes with mild green chiles
1 (15oz) can black beans
1 can corn (drained) or frozen
1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
1 (14oz) can chicken broth
3 scallions, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
1. Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot.

2. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.

3. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.

4.  Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.  Adjust salt and seasoning.  Serve over rice or in tacos.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails