Tuesday, June 11, 2013
I wanted a side dish to go with some steak and chicken on the grill and wanted something rice-like without being rice. I landed on this as a side. It was very mild, but tasty, filling, and easy to make.
From: The Marathon Mom
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time:20 min
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 cup bell peppers, diced
salt and pepper
1. Prep all veggies. Place olive oil and onion in medium sauce pan and begin cooking on low heat until onions are translucent.
2. Add salt and garlic an dstir.
3. Add quinoa and stir, then add two cups of water and stir.
4. Cover and cook for 12 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed. Add the cup of diced bell peppers and stir again.
5. Continue cooking 2-5 more minutes. Quinoa pilaf is done when water is absorbed and peppers are slightly tender. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.