Thursday, June 27, 2013

Raspberry and Chocolate Layer Parfait Dessert in Jars




This is a really easy summer dessert.  It is light and cool, and making them in individual jars makes them perfect for bringing to someone's house. It is very similar to the Trifle I make, but who doesn't love to serve dessert in jars! I also love that there are so many variations you can make of this.  I made mine with Raspberries and blueberries (red, white and blue for Memorial day - or 4th of July), but you can use any fruit you want.  I also did half of the jars with chocolate pudding and 1/2 with vanilla, bother were delicious!


Raspberry and Chocolate Layer Parfait Dessert in Jars
From: My Mom
Prep time: 20 min
Chill time: 2-3 hours up to overnight


Ingredients:
1 jello pudding instant mix (I used chocolate for one, vanilla for the other)
Angel food cake
Milk (2 cups cold milk to make pudding)
Fruit (I used raspberries and blueberries for red white and blue but you could use anything)
8oz Whipped topping (thawed)

Directions:
1. Make pudding according to package.  Cut angel food cake into 1 - 1 1/2 inch pieces.

2. In Jars (or other cups) layer pudding, top with angel food cake, then whipped cream, followed by fruit.  Repeat once.

3. Chill for a couple hours up to overnight. Serve.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails