Monday, October 15, 2012

Okra and Tomato Quinoa




I recently traveled to New Orleans for work.  It was my first time there and I had a lot of good food!  One thing I had was an okra, tomato, rice dish that was fantastic.  So I decided to try and make something similar with quinoa.  I have never cooked with okra before and was surprised that my grocery store even had fresh okra.  I thought this recipe turned out delicious plus it had very little prep time (which I love).  I cut this recipe in half because I wasn't sure if we would like it and I didn't want to get stuck with a bunch of leftovers, but next time I will make the full recipe because it was so good I was wishing there was extra to have it the next day for lunch.

PS - The beer in the background is Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale... this is our new favorite pumpkin beer.  If you like pumpkin beer you should definitely give it a try!


 Okra and Tomato Quinoa
From: Food52
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30-40 min

Ingredients:
16 oz Fresh Okra
1 can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
1 cup raw quinoa (rinse if desired)
2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
additional basil & Oregano to taste (if desired)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix vegetable broth, quinoa, okra and tomatoes (with juice) into baking dish.

2. Mix Parmesan with additional spices if you wish and then sprinkle mixture on top

3. Bake fore 30-40 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails