Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Taco Cupcakes




I saw these all over Pinterest a while back and wanted to make them.  These are really supposed to be appetizers, but we had them for dinner one night.  I was skeptical since wonton wrappers do not seem like logical Mexican ingredients, but my need for new Mexican recipes prevailed and I powered through.  I'm so glad I did.  They were outstanding.  Bill said he loved them and that we definitely needed to make them next time we have people over.  I served them with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.  I liked it best with all three on them (I used packaged guacamole because I wanted to try it - won't do it again - homemade is definitely the way to go for guac).  Who wants to come over so I can make these again as appetizers! :)

Taco Cupcakes
From: Plain Chicken
Prep time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40 min

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
2/3 cup water
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
24 - 36 wonton wrappers
Taco Toppings of your choice: salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, etc.
cooking spray

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375.  Brown meat in a skillet and drain off fat.  Return meat to skillet and add taco seasoning, water and black beans.  Mix and simmer for 5-10 minutes until water is absorbed.

2. Spray 12 - 18 regular muffin pan cups with cooking spray.  Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup.  Divide half of the taco meat between muffin cups.  sprinkle half of the cheese over the cupcakes.  Repeat layers - wonton, taco meat, and cheese.

3. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.  Top with your favorite taco toppings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails