Thursday, February 28, 2013

Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator Oatmeal - Pinterest Fail Revisited



Right after I posted my Pinterest Fail with refrigerator Oatmeal, my sister-in-law Jackie told me she had made a really good version of of it that I had to try.  Of course I was skeptical because of my last attempt, plus, this required me to use fresh raspberries.  Raspberries are a precious commodity to me especially this time of year, so putting so many of them in a recipe I was afraid might fail worried me.  So it took me several months before I was able to get my courage up (and to convince Bill who greatly disliked the last version).

Turns out they were WAY better than the first one.  We both ate the entire serving and Bill even wondered the next morning if I had made more.  So if you are going to try refrigerator oatmeal I strongly suggest this one over all the others!


Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator Oatmeal
From: Jackie
Prep time: 10 min
Chill time: overnight

Ingredients:
1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
1/3 cup skim milk
1/4 cup low-fat greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp dried chia seeds
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Raspberry jam, preserves, or spread
1/4 - 1/3 cup raspberries (cut each berry in half)

Directions:

1. In a mason jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, vanilla, and raspberry jam.  Put lid on the jar and shake until well combined (make sure the raspberry jam gets mixed in).

2. Remove lid, add raspberries and stir until mixed throughout.  Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or as long as 2-3 days.  Eat chilled


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails