Monday, February 18, 2013

Chicken Nacho Dip


I wanted to try a new dip for the Superbowl and you can't go wrong with a cheesy nacho dip.  While I realize the pictures of these are horrible (possibly my worst yet), I assure you that it was very tasty.  I did leave out the jalapeno because one of our guests doesn't like spicy food, but I think it would be great with them so I'll add them next time.  It was creamy and cheesy with good flavor.  Great for dipping chips or putting on Nachos!  In general I think I prefer the spicy sausage rotel I usually make, but this is a nice new one to add to the rotation.


Chicken Nacho Dip
From: The Swain Family
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 2 hours

Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
1 lb velveeta (cut in cubes)
taco seasoning packet
1 can rotel
1/2 cup green onions
1 jalapeno (diced)
1/3 cup sour cream
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients except the beans int he crockpot for 1 1/2 - 2 hours on high (stirring occasionally)  - I actually did it on low for about 3 hrs.

2. Stir in black beans for the last 20 minutes.  Serve with tortilla chips.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails