Sunday, February 10, 2013

Red Velvet Dessert Cheese Ball



I wanted to make dessert for our small group gathering today, and since it is right before Valentines Day, I decided to give this Red Velvet Cheese Ball a try.  Bill was skeptical when I was talking about a dessert cheese ball, but I have to say it turned out really well.  It is rich and decadent, and I thought it was very good with vanilla wafers.  I choose to mix in some of the chocolate chips into the actual ball and thought it added a little something, but it is totally optional.  I think this is just perfect for a special Valentine's day treat!


Red Velvet Dessert Cheese Ball
From: Taste and Tell
Prep Time: 15 min
Chill Time: 2 hrs

Ingredients
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 - 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Assorted cookies & crackers (I used vanilla wafers)

Directions:
1. In a bowl beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.

2. Add in red velvet cake mix, brown sugar, and powdered sugar.  Beat until smooth and combined. 

3. Stir in 1/2 cup (or more) of chocolate chips into the mixture if desired (I did).

4. Place mixture on center of a large piece of plastic wrap.  Wrap up on Plastic wrap and mold into a ball.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

5. Place chocolate chips on a plate.  Remove cheese ball from refrigerator and unwrap.  Roll in the chocolate chips. This gets a bit messy, but cover with as many chips as desired.  Place on a serving plate and serve with vanilla wafers or graham crackers.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails