Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Freezer Meal - Crock Pot Honey Rosemary Chicken


This is another freezer meal I made in my freezing extravaganza day.  I thought this would be one of my favorites, but it landed a little flat for me.  It was ok, but it was a little dry (the chicken was dry and not much sauce), and I think the cook time on the recipe was too long for such small pieces of meat and not much sauce.  Plus it ended up kind of burning on the sides, which made the flavors seam off.  If I make it again, I would definitely only put it in the crock pot for about 4-5 hours on low.  I think that would cook the chicken enough (but not over cooked) and wouldn't get any of the burned flavor so you could taste the honey, balsamic, and rosemary better.


Freezer Meal - Crock Pot Honey Rosemary Chicken
From: Making our Marx
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 6-8 hours  (next time I would do it 4-5 hrs on low)

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients into gallon freezer bag.  Remove as much air as possible when closing the bag.  Freeze.

2.  To Cook: Thaw, place contents into crock pot.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails