Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Freezer Meal - Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken



A while back I decided I wanted to make some Crock Pot Freezer Meals.  I came up with a bunch or recipes (thank you pinterest) and ended up doing about 6 different new recipes.  I'm going to share them one by one, but hopefully at some point I'll be able to do a compiled post and share my favorites.

This is one I really liked.  Just the Chicken and sauce gets frozen, but when I cooked it I chose to add some frozen mixed stir fry veggies from Trader Joe's for the last hour.  I really liked the addition, but I think it would still be great without it.


Freezer Meal - Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
From: Making our Marx
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 4-6 hours

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts, cut into bites size pieces
1 cup teriyaki sauce
1 cup water
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
a few sprinkles of ginger

Directions:
1. Combine ingredients into a gallon freezer Ziploc bag.  Remove as much air as possible out while closing the bag.  Freeze.

2. To cook: Thaw and place contents of bag in crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours. If desired, add in a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables for the last hour of cooking.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails