Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Shepherd's Pie

Last night I made Shepherd's pie. It is a recipe I got from my sister Carrie. It is so easy to make! Last night after I made it I accidentally dropped the recipe card down the side of my oven and haven't had a chance to pull out the oven yet to get it, so I will be doing this by memory. It is pretty easy though, I don't even know why I pulled out the recipe in the first place.


Shepherd's Pie
From: My Sister Carrie 
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 45 min

Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Hamburger
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of peas (drained)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 container of regular mashed potatoes (homemade ones would probably be better, but I don't usually have them on hand).
Shredded Cheese

Directions:
1. Brown meat over medium heat, drain excess fat

2. Add soup to meat and heat over low for a few minutes

3. Mix Meat with corn and peas and place in a cooking dish (I use our large pyrex one)

4. Spread mashed potatoes over the mixture

5. Sprinkle the top with cheese

6. Bake for 45 min at 35o degrees

Enjoy! This could be served as the whole meal by itself, I usually serve it with a side salad and call it good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails