Friday, June 27, 2008

Cheesy Mushroom Tops

I used to think that I didn't like mushrooms, but I realized lately that what I don't like about them is the texture of the stems. I like the tops just fine. So this recipe is perfect for me. I got it from my mom and it is so easy and delicious.

Cheesy Mushroom Tops
From: My Mom
Prep: 5-10 min
Cook: 20 min

Ingredients:
Whole Mushrooms
Cream Cheese Softened (4oz or so)
Shredded Cheese (4 oz or so)
spray butter (OPTIONAL)
slivered almonds and/or bread crumbs (OPTIONAL)

Directions:
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

2. Remove stems from the Mushrooms and wash (you can probably easily do 20 - 25 with the amounts of the cheese mixture listed)

3. Stir together cream cheese and shredded cheese (I usually use Cheddar, but you can use anything you like)

4. Fill mushroom tops with cheese mixture and place in a pan.

5. OPTIONAL: Top with slivered almonds and/or bread crumbs and spray with Butter. (I usually do not do the almond or bread crumbs because I usually don't have any in the house, and everyone seems to like them just fine without. However I do spray them with butter because I always have spray butter in the house and everything just tastes better with butter!)

6. Place in the oven at 350 for 20 min.

If you over fill the mushrooms (which I often do because I love cheese) they will over flow and turn out like this. They are still delicious, just not as pretty when you serve them.

7. Remove and serve warm.

I realize I should have served them on a different color plate than yellow so they would be presented better. Live and learn I guess.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails