Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Oreo Pops

 

Last year at Christmas I made Rudolph Cake Pops to go with my gifts.  While they were cute and fun, cake pops can be time consuming during a busy holiday season.  So this year I tried something a little simpler.  These oreo pops were very easy and quick to whip up.

Chocolate tip: I used fondue chocolate (found at a craft store) instead of the melting wafers.  I've found that these melt easier, do not over heat easily(like the wafers can and be ruined), and leave a thinner coat of chocolate.  I have used the fondue chocolate for the cookie dough balls in the past, but I think I may now also switch to these for cakepops as well.  I highly recommend them!


Christmas Oreo Pops
From: CampClem
Prep time: 20-30 min
Cook time: none

Ingredients:
1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos
chocolate melting wafers or fondue chocolate of your choosing
Sprinkles
sucker sticks

Directions:
1. Spread wax paper across 2 cookie sheets.  Take an oreo and push the sucker stick through almost to the other side (be sure to hold it tightly together with your other had).  Repeat until all oreos have sticks.

2. Melt chocolate in microwave until melted - stirring every 30 seconds.  Dip Oreo in chocolate and place on wax paper.  Sprinkle with colored sprinkles of your choosing.  Let cool/harden on counter or in fridge.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails