Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Green Chile Chicken and Lime Soup



When Bill and I both had bad colds a few weeks back I made this recipe because I wanted a chicken and broth soup, and we all know I can't resist a Mexican twist on a recipe.  This turned out really flavorful, however, quite spicy.  I'm not sure what exactly made it so spicy, but next time I might use mild Rotel, or maybe only 1 can of diced green chilies.  This was even better the next day (as most soups are) and it was quite easy to make considering I used a rotisserie chicken.


Green Chile Chicken and Lime Soup
From: Debbi Does Dinner
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min

Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cartons of chicken broth or 64 oz.
2 cans Rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
2  4oz cans of diced green chillies
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1/4 cup lime juice
1 1/2 tsp cumin
salt and peper to taste
handful of cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp Olive Oil

Directions:
1. Heat Olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.  Add onions and cook for about 5 min.  Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.

2. Stir in Chicken broth, tomatoes, green chilies, cooked chicken, lime juice and seasonings.  Cook for 5 minutes, taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.  Right before serving, add chopped cilantro.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails