This is a super easy recipe that will give you a bunch of black beans to eat right away or freeze. I think they turned out just as good as a can of beans, if not better, and a bag of beans is cheaper and yields more beans!
Dry Black Beans in a Slow Cooker
From: Jacki and John Ate This
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 6 hrs
1 lb bag of dry black beans (I actually used a 2lb bag)
6 cups of water per pound of beans
1. Spread the beans out on a big tray to weed out any debris or bad looking beans.
2. Rinse beans in colander and add to slow cooker. Add 6 cups of water per pound of beans to slow cooker.
|Don't they just look so good freshly rinsed!|
3. Set Crock Pot to high and let cook for about 6 hours.
4. When beans are soft, put in a colander and rinse. (Alternately, I didn't rinse some mine so I could use the beans and juice in some recipes).
5. Serve or divide into meal size containers and freeze. Use them just like canned beans in any recipe.