Friday, February 18, 2011

Chocolate Lava Cakes



I made these for Valentine's Day this year.  I happened to have all the ingredients in the house and I figured if I was going to make a dessert on a weekday, when better than on Valentine's!  I got this recipe from a coworker and I have made it a few times, but never took any pictures.  Of course this time I took pictures, but I ended up over cooking the cakes a little too long so the lava wasn't flowing quite as much as it had in previous times, but still very delicious!!!


Chocolate Lava Cakes
From: Kelly

Ingredients:
4 Tbsp Butter (room temp) - 1 Tbsp to grease the muffin tins
1/3 cup sugar and more for tins
3 eggs
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (Melt in the microwave in 20 seconds intervals until fully melted)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously butter tins, sprinkle w/ sugar and tap off excess

2. In bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

3. With mixer on low, beat in flour and salt until just combined, scraping down sides as needed.  Fold in melted chocolate

4. Divide batter among 6-8 muffin cups.  bake just until tops are set (9-11 minutes)
- VERY IMPORTANT - As soon as the tops are set, it's done.  It won't look like a cupcake or anything.  It should ooze chocolate when you cut into it.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails