Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Guac 'n Roll



My sister-in-law, Olga, gave me this recipe from her Hungry Girl book.  I am a sucker for anything with avocados, and especially love guacamole, so this was right up my alley.  This adds peas to the mix to make a little more, it is also a little creamier with the addition of the greek yogurt.  I liked it,  but I also like my old standby Guac Recipe!


Guac 'n Roll
From: Olga from Hungry Girl


Ingredients:
1 15oz can peas, drained
1/2 cup mashed avocado (about medium-small avocado's worth)
1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup fat-free greek yogurt
4 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp chili powder
Optional: chopped cilantro or jalapenos

Directions:
1. Place drained peas in a medium bowl and mash thoroughly with a potato masher or fork. Add avocado and mash.

2. Add all other ingredients except tomatoes, onions and optional items continue to mash until blended.

3.Stir in the tomatoes, onions and if you like, some chopped cilantro and/or jalapenos.  Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails