Monday, December 19, 2011

Rudolph Cake Pops


After making the Pumpkin Cake Pops for Halloween, I knew I wanted to try some for Christmas.  I found this version on Pinterest.  They seemed simple enough so I did my rendition of them.  I think they turned out quite cute (although I had a hard time taking a picture of them in the plastic bags).  I'm sure if I had more patience they would have turned out a little more uniformed. 


Rudolph Cake Pops
From: adapted from Bakerella

Ingredients:
Cake Mix (and eggs and oil according to directions)
One can frosting
1 lb milk chocolate candy melting wafers
Red m&ms
black food safe markers
sucker sticks
light brown pipe cleaners (I cut mine in half)

Directions:
1. Bake cake according to directions in 9x13 pan.  Let cool completely.

2. Crumble cake very small into large bowl.  Add about 2/3 can of frosting and mix together with hands until evenly moist.  May need to add a little more frosting if needed, but should not be overly moist.

3. Shape mixture into balls and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet.  Refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for 15-30 min.

4. Melt the milk chocolate wafers.  Dip end of sucker stick in melted candy coating and then into the cake ball. place back on cookie sheet and repeat with rest of balls (this part helps keeps the stick in the cake ball).

5. Then dip each ball in the melted wafers and tap lightly to remove excess candy coating. Place bake on the cookie sheet and gently pus a red m&m to the front of the ball.

6. After candy coating has hardened, draw on eyes food safe markers.  Place each cake ball in a small clear bag and tie with pipe cleaners and mold into antlers.

 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails