I've been wanting to try cake pops for a long time and I thought pumpkins might be the easiest to start with. These were quite easy, although time consuming. They were also really delicious. They would be perfect for a Halloween party - although I just made them to give to my family and friends. I may have to try to make them at Christmas if I come up with a Christmas themed one as easy as the pumpkins to make.
Pumpkin Cake Pops
From: Bakerella and others
Cake Mix (and eggs and oil according to directions)
One can frosting
1 lb orange candy melting wafers
Green apple tic tacs
black food safe markers
sucker sticks (my Hobby Lobby was all out so I used straws)
1. Bake cake according to directions in 9x13 pan. Let cool completely.
2. Crumble cake very small into large bowl. Add about 2/3 can of frosting and mix together with hands until evenly moist. May need to add a little more frosting if needed, but should not be overly moist.
3. Shape mixture into balls and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for 15-30 min.
4. Melt the orange wafers. Dip end of sucker stick in melted candy coating and then into the cake ball. place back on cookie sheet and repeat with rest of balls (this part helps keeps the stick in the cake ball).
5. Then dip each ball in the melted wafers and tap lightly to remove excess candy coating. Lightly push one tic tac in the top of the cake ball. Then stick into styrofoam block.
6. After candy coating has hardened, draw on Jack-o-lantern face with food safe markers (If you don't have food safe markers you could just make pumpkins instead of jack-o-lanterns.