Sunday, October 2, 2011

Baby Back Ribs


 I have a really good ribs recipe that I like, but unfortunately you have to have a lot of time on your hands to make it. So I looked for a recipe that would at least cut the time in half.  This recipe got rave reviews on All Recipes so I gave it a try when my parents were in town.  My mom helped me with diner and they were very good and not very complicated. Bill, my parents, father-in-law, and sister-in-law all liked them!  I will definitely make them again!


Baby Back Ribs
From: All Recipes

Ingredients:
3 lbs Pork Back Ribs, cut into serving size pieces
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp liquid smoke flavoring

Directions:
1. Place Ribs into a large pot and cover with water.  Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender, about 1 hour.

2. Meanwhile, stir the ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, and liquid smoke in a sauce pan.  Bring to a simmer over medium high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered, stirring frequently until thickened, about 30 minutes.

3. Preheat oven to 400 line baking sheet with foil.

4. Drain the ribs and place meaty-side-up onto the prepared baking sheet.  Brush ribs with half of the barbeque sauce.  Cook until sauce has turned sticky and lightly browned about 7-10 minutes. Turn ribs over and brush with remaining sauce.  Continue to bake until sauce has turned sticky, about 7-10 more minutes.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails