Monday, May 21, 2012

Crock Pot "Rotisserie" Chicken

 

 We buy the ready made Rotisserie chicken at the grocery store somewhat regularly because it is easy, delicious, and I don't have to touch any raw chicken (which I hate doing).  But when I saw this easy recipe for making it in the crockpot, I knew I had to try it.  After I got over handling the whole raw chicken, it was very easy.  It turned out perfect and delicious.  The only thing is that I am gone all day, and my day is longer than 8 hours, so my chicken was falling off the bone and probably a little less moist than it should be, but it was still delicious!  I will definitely make this again.


Crock Pot "Rotisserie" Chicken
From: goodnessgracious
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 6-8 hours

Ingredients:
Whole Chicken
Lawry's Seasoned Salt

Fresh Rosemary
Cooking spray

Directions:
1. Rinse whole chicken off (remove insides if included) and douse it in Lawry's Seasoned Salt and place in crock pot.

2.  Add rosemary (as may sprigs as you want, I think I used around 7).  Can also add any additional ingredients you want... Garlic, onion, celery.  I just kept mine simple.

3. Cover and cook in crock pot for 6 hours on high or 8 on low.


2 comments:

Jacki said...

I agree - raw chicken is nasty. But I love making whole chickens in my crock pot. Just did one this weekend and made chicken quesadillas with it today. So good and so easy!

Tiffany said...

oh my gosh I have to try this! Thank you! And I agree, I don't know what it is, but raw chicken gives me the heeby jeebies. Ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails