Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wet Burritos



With Cinco de Mayo coming up we have been eating a lot of Mexican food.  My mom used to make wet burritos and I realized I've never made them.  After making them this week, they are so easy and delicious that I may be adding them to my rotation of favorite Mexican meals. 


Wet Burritos
From: My Mom
Prep time 15 min
Cook time 30 minutes

Ingredients:
1 lb gr. beef
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 can of refried beans
burrito tortilla shells
2 cans red enchilada sauce
Shredded cheese
optional add ins for burritos: chopped tomatoes, black olives, onions, lettuce
sour cream for topping

Directions:
1. Brown meat, add water and taco mix and simmer.

2. Spread refried beans on tortilla.  Then fill with gr. beef, and any additional add ins you want (we added tomatoes and black olives). Roll and place in 9x13 pan seam down.

3. Pour enchilada sauce over burritos and top with shredded cheese.  Place in oven and cook at 350 degrees until cheese bubbles (about 20-30 minutes.). Serve with sour cream and hot sauce if desired.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails