Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mexican Street Corn Salad


I love corn, espeically in the summer.  And elote? Well forget about it.  And this is an Elote "Salad."  So it is healthy right?  Maybe not if I ate half the batch myself for dinner when Bill was gone for the weekend.  But it was SOOOO good.  I actually didn't have any fresh corn on the cob and being to lazy to go to the store on a Friday night, I worked with what I had and used frozen. I'll post the recipe in a bit about what I did to my frozen corn for them to seem a little more "roasted."


Mexican Street Corn Salad
From: Foodie with Family
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook time: 5 min

Ingredients:
6-8 ears of corn, grilled, cooled and cut off the cob.
1/4 of a sweet onion, finely diced
1/4 of a sweet red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
1/2 cup crumbled Cotija or Feta cheese (I used feta)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges for serving
1/2 tspn to 1 Tbsp chili powder (or ground chipotle pepper)
1/2 tspn ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1.  In a large bowl, mix together corn, onion, pepper, cheese, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper until everything is evenly distributed.   Serve immediately or refrigerate for an hour to let the favors mix.  This is best the same day, but is ok the next day.



1 comment:

Erin F said...

Grreat reading your post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails