Monday, August 12, 2013

Southwestern Black Bean, Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad


My Sister-in-law asked for a recipe for a side to go with a Mexican dish and I looked through my recipes and found this one.  After I sent it to her, I thought it looked pretty good, so I  decided to make it for my lunches one week.  We both thought it was very good.  It is easy to make, and made enough for me to have lunch for 3 or 4 days.  I'll make this again either for lunch or as a side dish for Mexican food since I never seem to know what to serve with Mexican food!


Southwestern Black Bean, Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
From: Skinny Taste
Prep time: 20 min

Ingredients:
15 oz can black beans, drained adn rinsed
1 1/2 cups corn, cooked fresh or frozen
1 medium tomato (I actually used grape tomatoes cut in half)
1/3 red onion, chopped
1 scallion, sliced
1 1/2 - 2 lime juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro
salt and pepper
1 avocado, diced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, cilantro, salt and pepper.

2. Squeeze fresh lime juice to taste and stir in olive oil.  Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 min.  Add Avocado just before serving


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails