Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Peanut Butter Balls



I found these on Tasty Kitchen.  They were described as 'Healthy' so I figured a healthy snack that has peanut butter and oatmeal must be good.  I substituted ground flax for the wheat germ since I had some in the house, and they turned out great!  I made a full batch of these and they lasted a LONG time (it makes about 50 balls), but I would bring a few to work with me every day as a mid-morning snack and loved them.  The next time I made them I only made a half batch and that seemed like a much better amount for only two of us! 



Peanut Butter Balls
From: Mommy's Kitchen via Tasty Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 cup Honey
1  1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
2 1/2 cups Powder Dry Milk
3 Cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal, Uncooked
2 Tbsp Wheat Germ or Ground Flax Seed
1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)

Directions:
1.Mix all together with hand mixer.

2. Form into balls with your hands and freeze on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper until firm.

3. Remove from the freezer and store in a large ziploc bag.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails