Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Scalloped Corn



I tried this recipe from my friend Ashley last year, but never posted it.  Since I am a sucker for anything with corn,  I really liked this creamy dish.  I wanted to post it now because I think this would be a great recipe for Thanksgiving dinner (which is when she says her family usually makes it).



Scalloped Corn
From: Ashley

Ingredients:
1 can of Corn, Drained
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp dry mustard
Pepper to taste
3/4 cup of milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup cracker crumbs or bread crumbs
1 Tbsp melted butter

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Using a medium size pot, stir onion and green pepper in 2 Tbsp butter until onion is tender.  Remove from heat.

2.  In a small bowl, combine flour and spices, then stir into onion and green pepper.  Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is bubbly.  Remove from heat.

3. Gradually stir in milk.  Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.  Boil and stir 1 minute.  Stir in corn and egg, which had been mixed together first.  Pour into an ungreased 1 quart casserole dish.

4.  Combine bread crumbs and 1 Tbsp melted butter, sprinkle evenly over corn mixture.  Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.

*** I did not take very good pictures, I will have to take some better ones next time I make them!***

1 comment:

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

YAY! So excited you posted this just in time for Thanksgiving! I am totally craving it right now and it's definitely going to be on our Thanksgiving menu!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails