Monday, January 4, 2010

Meal Planning

I don't usually post anything but recipes, but Sunday I went through, organized my cook books and recipes I wanted to try from the web, and decided I needed to do a meal plan. I hate grocery shopping, and even more hate staring into the fridge with a whole lot of nothing staring back at me, which results in us eating frozen pizza, or going out. So I decided to come up with several meals for the next 3-4 weeks, and then last night I went to the grocery store and spent quite a lot of time and money there, and stocked up on everything I would need. I'm hoping this cuts back on my trips to the grocery store (although about 10 minutes after I got home I realized I forgot tortillas).

In order to keep me accountable I wanted to post what I intend to make in the next month or so. Some of them are new recipes I wanted to try from cookbooks and online, and some are old favorites already on my blog (indicated by *). Hopefully, I will have the recipes for the new ones up somewhat soon after making them. Obviously this isn't enough for 4 whole weeks, don't worry, we will still have some frozen pizza nights, or grabbing something quick, but the goal is to not have that happen too often!

Shepherds Pie *
Easy Steak Fajitas
Fettuccine w/ Ham and Peas
Steak w/ Mushroom Risotto
French Toast Bites
Quick Chicken w/ Lime Butter
Spaghetti Pie
Picadillo *
Southwestern Chicken Chili
Jackie's Quick Quiche
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas *
Tagliolini w/ Asparagus
Fisn in a bag *
Coconut Chicken Tenders
Turkey Lettuce Wraps *
Mexican Egg Salad
Scalloped Corn
Chicken Tacos *
Lemon-Herb Chicken
Stromboli *

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails