Monday, May 13, 2013

Skillet Greek Chicken with Artichokes, Spinach, Tomatoes, Feta, and Kalamata Olives



One day I was feeling like some Greek style chicken, and found a bunch of recipes, but none exactly like I was looking for.  I wanted to make it all in one skillet and serve it over rice.  So I decided to just come up with something myself.  I think it turned out really good!  It was flavorful, but still a lighter dish, and best of all, all made in one pan in only about 30 min! I served mine over brown rice, but I think quinoa would would be just as good.  The only thing I might do differently is to add some lemon and salt and pepper (I included it in the recipe).  Enjoy!


Skillet Greek Chicken with Artichokes, Spinach, Tomatoes, Feta and Kalamata Olives
From: Elizabeth
Prep time:10 min
Cook time: 20 min

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken, cut into chunks
1/2 bag of spinach (I pulled off the stems, but you can do whatever you want)
1/2 jar of kalamata olives, halved
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
1/2 container of grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 -3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 -1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
Feta cheese
Lemon
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
1.  Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a large skillet.  Salt and Pepper Chicken. Once hot, add chicken chunks and cook turning occasionally for 6-7 minutes until just cooked through.

2. Add garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for 1 more minute.  Turn heat to medium low heat. Add chicken broth and stir in artichokes, olives, and tomatoes and heat for 2-3 minutes until broth bubbles. If desired, add a squeeze of lemon juice in. 

3. Stir in spinach and cook until spinach starts to wilt (about 2-3 minutes). Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.

4. Turn off heat and stir in a handful of Feta cheese.  Serve over rice (or quinoa) and garnish with additional feta cheese.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails