Thursday, May 16, 2013

Primal Peanut Butter Fudge Cups


I'm trying to eat cleaner and therefore less processed foods.  Unfortunately (or fortunately for my health), that means I don't get to eat much candy.  The good news is that it is really easy to make some of my own healthier treats!  This was so easy to make, it only took 5 minutes, and is so rich and creamy.  They look like Reese's cups, and while there is a peanut butter flavor to them they don't taste exactly like them, but definitely a good enough substitute for my sweet tooth! 


Primal Peanut Butter Fudge Cups
From: Practical Paleo
Prep Time: 5 min
Chill Time: 30 min


Ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (or almond butter)
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1. Melt coconut oil (I did mine for about 15 seconds in the microwave).

2. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor.  Pour into paper-lined muffin tin cups or silicon muffin cups - fill to 1/2 inch full.  Makes 10 (you could probably do 12 and just have thinner cups).

3. Chill for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 min.  When firm, remove.  Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.


1 comment:

tdaisy31 said...

Just read this and realized I had all the ingredients and had to make them! Holy yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails